In addition to respecting and meeting the conditions of the program and the competition task, and the compliance of the competition solution with the given urban conditions and recommendations, the jury will evaluate the competition solutions based on the following criteria:
Spatial concept and architectural expression
Characteristics of the proposed solution in terms of affirming the uniqueness of modern student accommodation facilities and urban revitalization of the Student City Complex.
The relationship of the proposed solution to the context and urban identity.
- a quality of a solution in relation to the characteristics and significance of the purpose
- a clear spatial concept, recognizable in the basic idea
- relation to the public urban space
- character and quality of improvement of urban identity
- urban planning-architectural design and ambient characteristics of the solution
- relation to context, architectural and cultural heritage
- the proposed solution characteristics related to environmental and social sustainability and compliance with the goals of sustainable development, everything according to the recommendations from chapter 6 (6.3.6, 6.3.7 and 6.3.8.)
- the proposed solution characteristics related to energy efficiency criteria and the effectiveness of their operationalization during exploitation.
Functionality of the solution, fulfillment of spatial and program requirements
Strategy and approach to spatial and ambient requirements of the designed solution in terms of space programming and compliance with the needs of modern student housing. Program and functional aspects of the solution in the context of facility exploitation – use and maintenance, including access, movement, residence and participation of users (students and employees) in all activities provided by the program, as well as efficiency and comfort of use.
- distribution of purpose and content in space
- functionality of the proposed solution
Sustainability, energy efficiency
Characteristics of the proposed solution in the context of environmental and social sustainability and compliance with the objectives of sustainable development. Characteristics of planned construction solutions in the context of energy efficiency criteria and the effectiveness of their operationalization during exploitation.
- application of ecologically and energetically sustainable solutions to preserve and improve the quality of the environment (application of ecological design)
Potential for further implementation of the design
- programmatic and economic justification of the proposed solution
- cost-effectiveness of the solution in execution and exploitation
- technical and financial feasibility of the proposed solution