Conditions for participation in the competition
The right to participate in the competition, in accordance with Art. 28. of the Rulebook on the Method and Procedure for Announcing and Conducting Urban Planning-Architectural Competitions (“Official Gazette of the RS”, number 31/2015), belongs to natural persons with a university degree in the field of architecture, regardless of their territorial affiliation and their personal characteristics or legal entities which appoint a person with a university degree in the field of architecture.
The participants in the competition are free to include in their teams experts from other professions who could, with their professional opinions and knowledge, contribute to the improvement of competition solutions, as well as students. The participant in the competition may not be a person who is directly engaged in the preparation and conducting of the competition, i.e. a relative or a direct associate of such person, nor a person who is a member of the management or an employee of the institution announcing this competition.
The mandatory conditions for participation in the competition:
- The competition design must be submitted in a timely manner and in the way stipulated by the Competition Announcement.
- The competition design must follow all the requirements of technical and layout formatting and must contain all parts permitted by the Competition Announcement.
Conditions for conducting the competition
The competition is announced in accordance with the Rulebook on the manner and procedure for the announcement and implementation of urban and architectural competitions (“Official Gazette of the RS” No. 31/2015).
Every competition participant who has taken over the competition documentation acquires the right to participate in the competition.
By submitting the design, each participant accepts the propositions of this competition.
Content of the competition elaborate
The participants are under the obligation to submit the design in electronic form, while the detailed instructions for the naming of documents and the labelling of competition attachments are given in Chapter 8.4. All the files must be submitted in pdf format.
The content of the competition design shall include the following:
- A textbook with a textual explanation and reduced graphic attachments
- 2D and 3D attachments
- 3D animation
- Material for electronic exhibition
The competition design and all the attachments accompanying the design must be prepared in Serbian or English language.
All the participants are under the obligation to submit the following documents as part of the
- Volume with a textual explanation and scaled graphic attachments
The volume is delivered in PDF format. The volume dimensions are 42x29.7cm (A3 format) with horizontally oriented pages. Scaled graphic attachments in 150 PPI resolution.
Contents of the volume
- The description and explanation of the solution.
The explanation should be clearly structured, in accordance with the objectives of the competition and the obligations, guidelines and recommendations given in the Competition Task and must necessarily contain:
- Description and explanation of the conceptual solution - urban planning and architectural relationship and the relationship to the environment
- Description of the spatial-programmatic-functional solution of the arrangement of the Complex and the traffic solution - vehicular, bicycle and pedestrian traffic (approaches, movement, etc.)
- Description of the spatial-programmatic-functional solution of the new construction - functional entities, content disposition, connections
- Description of the (preliminary) constructive solution of the new construction
- Proposal (preliminary) of applied technical systems, including the concept of energy efficiency
- Applied materials keeping in mind the CO2 footprint
- Ecological concept
- Description and explanation of the concept of reconstruction/adaptation/revitalization of existing accommodation capacities
The textual description can be supplemented with content as desired by the candidate - diagrams, schemes and other attachments that explain individual elements of the competition solution.
- All graphic attachments should be reduced to A3 format.
- Tabular presentation - Balance of realized capacities (according to Table 1 in the competition documentation).
- Tabular presentation - Realized urban planning parameters (according to Table 2 in the competition documentation).
- Tabular presentation - Assessment of investment value (according to Table 3 in the tender documentation).
- Tabular presentation - Proposal for the elements of the design holistic analysis (according to Table 4 (3) in the tender documentation).
- Graphic attachments (2D and 3D)
Studentski grad Complex – Spatial and programmatic solution for the revitalization of the Complex and arrangement of the ground floor
- Technical plan - a situational representation of the disposition of the contents in the space, their positional and dimensional characteristics, the number of floors of the built structures, functional relationships, traffic and leveling solutions, vehicular, pedestrian and other types of movement R=1:750
- Situational - compositional plan - situational view of the planned construction and arrangement (mass plan with shadows) R=1:750
- Situation plan of the ground floor with a presentation of planned contents, leveling, traffic areas and communications, ground floor and landscape design R=1:750
- 3D views of the Student City Complex from the given directions and as chosen by the competitors
The aforementioned attachments also include the survey segment of the competition and imply a presentation in the context of the immediate environment.
(The approximate position of the existing directions is given in the competition documentation - I INFORMATIONAL GRAPHIC ATTACHMENTS, attachment PRESENTATION OF COMPETITION SCOPE WITH POSITIONS OF DEFINED DIRECTIONS)
- 3D Presentation of the solution of characteristic segments / ambient units
- Elements of outdoor furniture and equipment for ground floor decoration - bases, sections, layouts (in an adequate scale), 3D view
New construction - Dormitory for the accommodation of 1000 students
- layout plan of the roof with regulation and leveling elements R=1:250
- layout plan of the ground floor with ground floor and landscaping R=1:250
- Bases (all) R=1:250
- sections (characteristic) R=1:250
- layouts (all) R=1:250
- Typical accommodation unit (all proposed types) - basis, section-layouts R=1:50
- Vertical section through the facade (all applied materialization options) R=1:50
- 3D views of the facility from the given directions and at the choice of the competitors
Reconstruction and adaptation of existing accommodation facilities (presentation of one Dormitory per choice)
- layout plan of the roof with regulation and leveling elements R=1:500
- layout plan of the ground floor with ground floor and landscaping R=1:500
- basis (all different) R=1:200
- sections (characteristic) R=1:500
- layouts (all) R=1:500
- Typical accommodation unit (all proposed types) - basis, section-layouts R=1:50
- Vertical section through the facade (typical) R=1:50
- 3D presentation of the facility chosen by competitors
* Additional attachments at the participant's choice that clarify and affirm the proposed solutions, photos of scale models, spatial diagrams, etc.
Graphic attachments are submitted as files in .pdf format, dimensions 100x70cm (B1 format), horizontally oriented (landscape), with a resolution of 150 PPI.
- 3D animation
3D animation - presentation of the conceptual design of the complex and the new construction - duration up to 60 seconds, mp4 extension, resolution: 1080p / 720p
- Material for electronic exhibition
Posters in .jpg format, a total of 5 attachments, 2000px wide and 1200px high - horizontally oriented in the RGB system, with a resolution of 150 PPI. These attachments must also be anonymous with a unique code defined in chapter 8.4, which must be written on each attachment.
All the above mentioned elements and attachments accompanying the competition elaborate, the textual and graphic attachments with the described content, shall represent the mandatory parts of the competition design. The design that do not contain the above mentioned and requested elements and attachments shall not be taken into consideration.
In addition to the above, it is possible to attach additional graphic attachments, at the participant's choice.
Method of technical and design processing of the competition design
All graphic attachments, every sheet in the volume and all posters must be marked with a unique code in the upper right corner of each sheet (Arial font, Bold, 50 pt for graphic attachments, i.e., 24 pt for the textbook). The unique code must consist of two Latin letters and five Arabic numerals selected by the author. The sheets must be marked with ordinal numbers in the lower right corner. The font used for the texts in the volume should be Arial, 11pt.
The language of the competition is Serbian or English.
SUBMISSION OF THE COMPETITION SOLUTION
All materials (except 3D animations) should be delivered in one packed (zipped) folder, no larger than 150 MB, named with a chosen unique code of two Latin letters and five Arabic numbers (e.g.: AB12345.zip).
3D animations should be delivered in one packed (zipped) folder, no larger than 150 MB, named with the selected unique code with the addition of the word animation at the end of the name (e.g.: AB12345_animation.zip).
A packed (zipped) folder, no larger than 150 MB, in which all material (except 3D animation) is packed should contain:
- Volume with textual explanation and reduced graphic attachments in .pdf format, dimensions 42x29.7cm (A3), defined in chapter 8.3 under 1.
- Graphic attachments in .pdf format, defined in chapter 8.3. under 2.
- Material for electronic exhibition in .jpg format, defined in chapter 8.3. under 4.
A packed (zipped) folder, not larger than 150 MB, in which only 3D animation is packed, should contain:
- 3D animation lasting up to 60 seconds, extension mp4, resolution: 1080p / 720p
The competition participant submits the competition solution electronically via the link: https: //studentski-grad.konkurs.rs/
The final deadline for the submission of competition designs is 25.10.2022 by 3:00 P.M. (GMT +1).
The competition design not received by the Investor within the deadline set for the submission of designs, i.e. the design received after the expiry of the day and hour by which the competition designs may be submitted, shall be deemed untimely and shall not be taken into consideration. Each participant is permitted to submit only one competition design, without alternative solutions. Upon the expiry of the deadline for the submission of competition designs, the participant in the competition shall not be entitled to the right to withdraw or amend his/her competition design.
The technically shaped treatment of the competition study according to the specified description, requirements and dimensions is a mandatory part of the competition solution. The design that do not contain the above mentioned and requested elements and attachments shall not be taken into consideration.
The author’s envelope - Content of the competitors’ statement
Along with the electronic submission of the competition work, the participant is obliged to send, by mail, a sealed opaque envelope marked “AUTHOR”, and marked on the back with the selected code of the solution which contains two Latin letters and five Arabic numbers, font Arial, Bold, 24pt. The envelope should be sent to the following address: Udruženje arhitekata Srbije, Kneza Miloša 7a/III, 11 000 Beograd, Republika Srbija. The envelope must include the following:
- Textual document in A4 format containing the following:
- Used selected code consisting of two Latin letters and five Arabic numbers;
- name(s) of the author(s) with signatures;
- Declaration on acceptance of the terms of competition;
- Name and surname of the person authorized for representation (may be one of the authors, but not necessarily);
- E-mail address and contact phone;
- Statement in which the author or team of authors declare whether they want their project to be publicly exhibited under the code (anonymously) or under the author’s name.
- A statement in which the author or the author's team declares the method of award distribution in percentages, with information and payment instructions for the specified persons;
- One printed poster for the electronic exhibition, reduced to dimensions 29.7x21cm (A4), horizontally oriented (any of the 5 posters submitted in electronic form for the electronic exhibition, reduced to A4)
The final deadline to send the envelope is 25.10.2022
Ensuring anonymity when sending the “AUTHOR” envelope by post can be achieved:
- by sending via regular mail without a return receipt with the appropriate number of postage stamps (depending on the country of the sender);
- by sending via express courier service (DHL, Fed Ex, ...) with a note for anonymous sending (“AUTHOR” envelope inside the sending envelope, on which there is no indication of the AUTHOR code).
- Beginning of the competition period / date of announcement 25.07.2022
- The participants may send inquiries about the competition by 25.09.2022
The questions and requests for additional information or explanations may be submitted solely through the official website: https://studentski-grad.konkurs.rs/
Replies of the Jury to the received questions, solely in relation to the announcement and the programme of the competition, shall be published at the official website of the Competition within ten days.
- The final deadline for the submission of competition designs is 25.10.2022 by 3:00 P.M. (GMT +1).
- The results of the competition shall be published on 14.11.2022 until 11:59 p.m. (GMT +1).
- The rewarded and unrewarded designs, in electronic format, shall be posted on the website of the Union of Architects of Serbia at u-a-s.rs and at https://studentski-grad.konkurs.rs/ within 30 days from the day of publishing of the Competition results. The basic information (code of the design, award, name(s) of the author(s)) shall be published together with all the designs, unless specified otherwise in the application for the competition.
Type and amount of awards
If at least 10 solutions are submitted by the set deadline and if they meet the competition's propositions, the following prizes will be awarded in the total amount of the net prize fund of USD 56,000.00 according to the following distribution:
- First prize……………………………….........……………………………28,000.00
- Second prize…………………………....………………………………14,000.00
- Third prize…………………………….........………………………………7,000.00
- Five redemptions in the amount of……………...1,400.00
* Note: Rewards and redemptions in the net amount are paid at the USD UN Operational Rates of Exchange or UNORE exchange rate for short.
The jury will distribute the prizes in all aspects in accordance with the provisions of the Rulebook, with the possibility of a different distribution of prizes within the envisaged prize fund.
Composition of the Jury
Chairperson of the Jury:
- Grozdana Šišović, PhD, Architect
- Lazar Kuzmanov, Architect
- Đorđe Alfirević, PhD, Architect
- Matija Bevk, Architect
- Milutin Đurović, Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of RS
Deputy member of the jury:
- Goran Minić, Institution Student Center Belgrade
Energy efficiency consultant:
- Ranko Božović, Grad. Mech. Engineer
- Marija Pjevač, Architect
- Milena Grbić, PhD, Architect
Union of Architects of Serbia
- The author of the competition solution is the participant who created the competition solution and thereby published the copyright under their own name by submitting it to the competition. The team of authors consists of the signatories of the competition designs, co-authors and, therefore, the holders of all common copyrights. The copyright of the Participants shall be defined in accordance with the law regulating the copyright and other related rights.
- By submitting the competition solution, the authors (author's team) cede to the Procuring Entity the transfer of the author's property rights if the solution in question has been awarded or purchased. By participating in the competition, the author/s agree to act in accordance with the conclusions and recommendations of the Competition Jury, which will be stated in the Report of the Competition Jury regarding the further implementation of the awarded solution. The author accepts that in the further development they will act in accordance with the suggestions of the jury and any programmatic and technical modifications of the terms of reference and adjust the solution for the needs of the further stages of development.
- During further elaboration, the Procuring Entity will consult the authors of the awarded solution that has been selected for further elaboration. The author is obliged to respect the conditions for the preparation of planning and technical documentation and the implementation of modifications that are necessary in order to adapt to the spatial and technical possibilities and limitations that result from this. Any further cooperation between the Procuring Entity and the author's team will be regulated by a separate agreement.
- Further development of the project will be performed in accordance with the Law on Planning and Construction (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia”, No. 72/09, 81/09, 64/10 – Decision of the CC, 24/11, 121/12, 42/13 – Decision of the CC, 50/13 – Decision of the CC, 98/13 – Decision of the CC, 132/14, 145/14, 83/18, 31/19, 37/19-other law, 9/20 and 52/2021), and the Rulebook on the Content, Method and Procedure of Preparation and the Method of Control of Technical Documentation According to the Class and Purpose of the Facilities (“Off. Gazette of the RS” No. 73/2019)
- The authors reserve the right to publish their designs.
- The Investor is entitled to use all the received designs, to publish them and to promote the results of the competition.